Marseille vs Atletico Madrid Analysis and Predictions
- Europe’s second tier club competition reaches its climax when Marseille take on Atlético Madrid in the final of the 2018 Europa League (EL) at the Parc Olympique Lyonnais in Lyon.
- Olympique Marseille have defeated the likes of Sporting Braga, Athletic Club, Leipzig and Salzburg on their way to the final.
- But it is important to note that they were more than fortunate to eliminate the Red Bulls in the semis, scoring a winner in the extra time after a nonexistent corner.
- Diego Simeone’s men have beaten Arsenal, Sporting Lisbon, Lokomotiv Moscow, and FC Copenhagen en route to the final,
- This is a silver lining for the fans after their shock exit at the Champions’ League group stages.
- Marseille have been struggling away from home in Europa only winning one of the seven matches they have traveled and it will be interesting to see how they will cope at Lyon.
- Athletic have not impressed either on their travels but being a neutral ground it promises to be a different affair.
- There have been under 2.5 goals scored in Atletico's last 4 games (UEFA Europa League).
- Atletico Madrid have won 75% of their Europa League matches this season.
- Marseille have only won one of their nine Europa League games away from the Orange Velodrome this season.
- The French side have failed to score in five of their seven Europa League away matches since the group stages began.
- Meanwhile, Atletico Madrid have kept a clean sheet in five of their eight Europa League outings.
- Atletico Draw No Bet
- Both teams To score
OUR PREDICTION: Atletico Draw No Bet